SafeSend Returns® for Tax Return Delivery
We are pleased to offer SafeSend Returns to our clients as a secure, electronic tax return delivery system. The client-friendly interface walks you through a guided process that includes on-screen review of your return, collecting IRS-compliant e-signatures on e-file authorization forms, and options for making tax payments. Then, SafeSend Returns automatically sends the form(s) back to FSICPA.
Benefits of Using SafeSend Returns
- Receive your tax returns securely without the need to setup an account or remember a password
- Accessible across all platforms: computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Electronically sign your federal and state e-file authorizations (8879), no printing or mailing necessary
- Receive payment reminder e-mails
- Download a copy of your tax return
- For businesses, conveniently distribute your K-1s electronically
How it Works
- You will receive an email from FSICPA with a “from” address of email@example.com.
- The email will contain a safe link for you to access your tax return.
- After clicking on the link, you will be asked to enter the last four digits of your Social Security number to review your return.
- SafeSend will email or text you an access code to further verify your identity. For emailed codes, check your spam or junk folders if you do not receive the in your inbox. You must enter the code within 20 minutes of receipt. If you do not enter the code within 20 minutes, you can request another.
- When you are ready to sign your e-file authorization form(s), you will be asked three simple questions to verify your identity.
- Once you have signed the e-file authorization form(s), FSICPA will be notified and will complete the rest of the e-filing process.
1040 Client Experience
Entity Client Experience with K-1 Distribution
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I receive a notification when my return is ready to sign?
Is it safe to enter part of my Social Security Number?
Yes. SafeSend Returns offers a secure system to view and sign your e-file authorization form(s).
Look for https:// at the beginning of the site URL and a locked padlock symbol in your browser’s URL bar to confirm you are on the secure site.
What if I don’t receive an email with my access code?
Where do the identity verification questions come from? What if I don’t remember the answers?
Will this work on any internet-connected device? Does SafeSend Returns offer an app for my smartphone?
Will I have the option to download and print my return to retain for my records?
How is this process different from e-filing?
My spouse and I file our return jointly. how can we both sign the e-file authorization form(s)?
For spouses filing jointly, there are a few ways to sign via SafeSend Returns:
1. If both spouses have an email address on file, both will receive an email with a link to view the return and sign the e-file authorization form(s). First, one spouse will receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He or she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and input the spouse’s email address, which will send an email link to the second spouse. The second spouse will answer identity verification questions specific to him or her and then sign the form(s).
2. If only one spouse has an email address on file, that spouse will first receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He or she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and then enter an email address for the second spouse. The second spouse will then receive the email link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. Once the second spouse electronically signs the e-file authorization form(s).
3. If a couple shares an email address, the primary signer will first receive a link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. After the primary signer signs the e-file authorization form(s), he/she can then enter the shared email address again. A new link will be sent with identity verification questions specific to the second spouse.
Can I sign my dependent’s return electronically?
I’d rather print and sign my e-file authorization form(s). Can I do that?
After signing my e-file authorization form(s), will I receive confirmation that it was successfully submitted?
Can I set up reminders for my quarterly estimated payment?
For More Assistance
If you have additional questions regarding SafeSend Returns, please contact:
Jackie Gallagher or Beth Anderson